The Milky Way Times Library – the galactic knowledge base. Best futurism-related books, movies, games, companies, people. Hand-picked for you by our staff and fans.
- Mars Society – Simulated base on Devon Island, Canada.
- NASA – USA’s national space company. Their budget is only around $29 billion – compare it to the US military, which has $600 billion, and ask yourself: Is everything okay with the world?
- SpaceX – Private company founded by Elon Musk (CEO of both Tesla and SpaceX) – reusable rockets (successful landings of 1st stage on land and sea)
- Blue Origin – Private company founded by Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon) – reusable rockets, commercial space flights
- LIGO – The facility that successfully detected gravitational waves in 2015
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Google Deepmind – creators of AlphaGo, which beat the world champion Lee Sedol.
- IBM – Watson, cognitive computing machine.
- DARPA – USA’s military research agency. They host annual robotics competitions where robots are placed in emergency situations.
Future / Emerging Technology
- Future of Humanity Institute – Based in Oxford, UK. In 2015, they initiated an open letter signed by over 2,000 AI researchers protesting against the misuse of artificial intelligence
- Future of Life Institute – Based in Boston, USA. Many famous people on board, including Stephen Hawking.
- Singularity University – Educational institute for managers or creative students that spins off startups.
- Abundance (Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler)
- BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World (Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler)
- Superintelligence (Nick Bostrom)
- Elon Musk – CEO of Tesla (electric cars with autopilot capability) and SpaceX (reusable rockets, Mars colonization)
- Dr. Peter Diamandis – Thinker, exponential entrepreneur, co-founder of many companies (e.g. Human Longevity Inc, Zero-G corporation for zero gravity flights, Planetary Resources for future asteroid mining). Try his Abundance Insider (weekly email with science / tech breakthroughs).
- Ray Kurzweil – Inventor, futurist, the man who takes 150 pills a day to beat death (age: 68)